On behalf of a successful and innovative global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for patients with serious and life-threatening rare diseases we are recruiting a Nordic Medical Director.
The Medical Director will lead the medical department in all therapeutic areas, as needed. This role will be accountable for building, leading and overseeing the medical team in the Nordics and for the development and implementation of country medical strategy and plans.
As Medical Director you will work in partnership with the Nordic Country Manager as well as other cross functional team colleagues to ensure access to company’s products, develop and implement cross functional country plans aligned with patient, health care professionals and broader corporate needs.
The company´s Nordic head office is located in central Stockholm.
- Lead the medical affairs team in the Nordics, develop local strategy and implement actions accordingly.
- Provide comprehensive expertise and guidance in local therapeutic area(s) and treatments.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with local health care professionals, and with local professional societies and patient advocacy groups.
- Establish relationships with thought leaders to expand research opportunities for the company and develops, at local level, advisory, collaborative and/or educational activities aligned to the company strategy.
- Establish and ensure execution of the local medical operational plan.
- Serve as the reference person for medical input and support to the local operations.
- Ensure that the scientific data provided locally to health care professionals and health care authorities is provided with a fair and balanced view.
- Develop and maintain high level of industry, regulatory, clinical and scientific knowledge in relevant therapeutic area.
- As a people manager within the organization, may have finacial accountabilities and human resource responsibilities for assigned staff.
Experience and Qualifications
- You are a Medical Doctor and/or PhD in relevant scientific area.
- Internal medicine, pulmonology and/or experience in orphan diseases
- You have vast medical affairs experience from the pharmaceutical industry in the Nordics.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory/management experience.
- You have a proven track record of working independently and in teams.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- You have excellent communication skills both in verbal and written Swedish and English.
Welcome to apply through www.haegercarlsson.com
Questions are answered by:
Rolf Carlsson +46(0)70 – 316 12 68, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Anna Wikman +46(0)73-539 33 87, email@example.com